2017 Total Eclipse
On August 21, 2017, Southern Illinois will become the eclipse crossroads of America. Carbondale is the closest city to the longest point of duration for the eclipse and there will be all sorts of activities across the region to commemorate this historic event.
SIU's Touch of Nature is right in its path as well and we offer all sorts of unique opportunities to experience it in our pristine natural setting.
2017 Eclipse Packages
- Check-in as early as Friday, August 18. Checkout as late as Tuesday, August 22.
- All meals for Saturday, August 19 through Monday, August 21 are included.
*All lodging options are available but are going fast! See an updated list of lodging available for the eclipse here.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be offered Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- Eclipse and Outdoor Educational Programs on Saturday and Sunday.
- Adventure activities on Saturday and Sunday and include rock climbing, canoeing/kayaking, hiking trails and ziplining.
- Evening programs on Saturday and Sunday night.
- Eclipse viewing locations on Monday. (Live streaming of the eclipse if weather is inclement.)
Attention, Little Grassy Lodge is booked. Other options still available.
- Packages include all meals, activities and lodging. Children under 5 are free. Children 6-12 are half-price.
- $250 per person primitive camping - must hike to site, no water or electric hookups available.
- $600 per person in group cabins (central shower and bath houses) – 8, 10 and 24 persons per cabins available.
- $700 per person in group lodges (Shawnee, Morris and LB Sharp) – 18 and 22 persons per lodges available.
School Group Special
- $450 per person for school groups of 20 or more – applies to cabin use only. Does not apply to group lodges or hotel rooms.
With the possibility of tens of thousands of people visiting Southern Illinois in August 2017, these packages will be going fast. For more information, call us at 618-453-1121 or email us at email@example.com to reserve your spot for this historic event.