What is Veteran Adventures?
- Provide community building for veterans and current military personnel.
- Present challenging and adventurous opportunities to strengthen bonds between veterans and current military personnel.
- Show support and gratitude for the sacrifice that our servicemen and women have made.
- Provide veterans and current military personnel with alternatives for mental health assistance without the stigma of traditional mental health avenues.
- Foster a healthier veteran population.
Who can participate in Veteran Adventures?
Veteran Adventures is open to all Post 9/11 veterans, student veterans, and members of the National Guard, the Reserves and the Registered Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Veteran Adventures Cache River Canoe and Cookout
May 26 - Spring Break Multi-Sport Backpacking Adventure
Come and join a professionally guided canoe tour through one of the nation’s most ecologically diverse areas! Veteran Adventures, a program area of Touch of Nature, will host a voyage through the Cache River Wetlands which will provide plenty of opportunity to see a plethora of plant and animal species found nowhere else in Illinois.
Children and family are welcome and encouraged to join!
Find out more information here.