Wilderness First Responder
Discount Available for the Full Course
A 10% discount ($675) is now available to all SIU students, faculty and staff for the full course only. Checks or money orders must be postmarked no later than Friday, Dec. 14. Credit card payments are not available toward the discount.
- Checks or money orders should be made payable to "Colorado Outside."
- Payment should be sent to: PO Box 4410, Buena Vista, CO 81211.
Join us for the Wilderness First Responder Course. Experience the highest quality wilderness medical training available. All students successfully completing this 72-hour course will receive a three-year certification from Wilderness Medical Associates. Topics include patient assessment, body systems, equipment improvisation, trauma, environmental medicine, toxins, back country medicine, wilderness rescue and much more.
- Jan 2-10, 2019 - WFR - $750
- Jan 11-13, 2019 - WFR Recert - $350
Be prepared for a lot of time spent outside - rain, snow, ice or shine. Plan according to the region and time of year.
Participants will sign up directly with Darren Stokes, the instructor. Once registered, participants will get an email referring them to Touch of Nature to get food/lodging arranged.
- The meals and lodging packages for both courses are separate from the course registrations and can be found below.