Our Therapeutic Recreation Program provides the equipment, great food, well-planned itineraries, and educated experienced staff.
We seek to provide opportunities for each participant to discover new ways of relating to others and to the environment. We seek also to assist people in developing positive attitudes and feelings toward themselves and their individual potential.
Our program activities provide participants with opportunities to:
- Have fun!
- Develop abilities that promote independence.
- Develop healthy attitudes and self-esteem.
- Enjoy activities unique to camping.
- Learn recreational skills that can become lifetime leisure pursuits.
- Develop an awareness of oneself in relation to peers.
- Develop a heightened respect and appreciation of the natural environment and an understanding of our relationship to it.
- Improve physical fitness and endurance.
To see a full description of our facilities and activities, click HERE.
For more information about Touch of Nature’s Therapeutic Recreation Program, contact Vicki Lang-Mendenhall at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 618/453-3950.