What is Veteran Adventures?
- Provide community building for veterans and current military personnel.
- Present challenging and adventurous opportunities to strengthen bonds between veterans and current military personnel.
- Show support and gratitude for the sacrifice that our servicemen and women have made.
- Provide veterans and current military personnel with alternatives for mental health assistance without the stigma of traditional mental health avenues.
- Foster a healthier veteran population.
Who can participate in Veteran Adventures?
Veteran Adventures is open to all Post 9/11 veterans, student veterans, and members of the National Guard, the Reserves and the Registered Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Veteran Adventures Sporting Clays Event
July 21: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Rend Lake Shooting Complex
Sportsmen and women will have the opportunity to shoot 100 clay targets, the cost of which is covered by Veteran Adventures. Rend Lake Shooting Complex rents 12 gauge and 20 gauge shotguns for $20. They sell 25-round ammunition boxes for $10 as well. The Veteran Adventures Program cannot cover the costs of ammunition and/or gun rental.
What you need to bring with you to the event:
-ammunition (unless you purchase from Rend Lake)
-gun (unless you rent from Rend Lake)
Transportation from Touch of Nature to Rend Lake Shooting Complex will be provided and will leave at 8:30 a.m. If you want to drive yourself you can meet us at the Rend Lake Shooting Complex (17738 Conservation Ln, Whittington, IL 62897) by 10 a.m.
Lastly, if you are bringing your own gun and/or ammunition you need to have your FOID card with you. If you're going to be using a rented gun and purchasing ammunition from Rend Lake you are not required to have a FOID card.