What is Veteran Adventures?
- Provide community building for veterans and current military personnel.
- Present challenging and adventurous opportunities to strengthen bonds between veterans and current military personnel.
- Show support and gratitude for the sacrifice that our servicemen and women have made.
- Provide veterans and current military personnel with alternatives for mental health assistance without the stigma of traditional mental health avenues.
- Foster a healthier veteran population.
Who can participate in Veteran Adventures?
Veteran Adventures is open to all Post 9/11 veterans, student veterans, and members of the National Guard, the Reserves and the Registered Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Pheasant Hunt - Saturday, Dec. 1
Saturday, Dec. 1, Veteran Adventures holds its third annual controlled pheasant hunt at Wayne Fitzgerrell State Park.
Hunters will have the opportunity to harvest two pheasants each. Dogs will be provided by local sportsmen.
Transportation from Touch of Nature to Wayne Fitzgerrell State Park is provided with a shuttle leaving at 6 a.m. The hunt is full this year, but participants are welcome to furture events!
Veterans from throughout Southern Illinois will gather for the fifth annual Veteran Adventures Deer Camp Dec. 7-9 at Touch of Nature.
Participants will enjoy a weekend of camaraderie as guest speakers discuss hunting, wildlife management, dressing and butchering, food preparation and other topics.
The Veteran Adventures Deer Camp is free and covers all food, lodging, guides, gear, deer stands and anything else needed for the hunt. The deadline to register is Friday, Nov. 30.
There are only 2 spots open as of now, so register while you can!