Veteran Adventures Program
What is Veteran Adventures?
Veteran Adventures is a program that helps returning service members and recent veterans transition to life at home through powerful wilderness expeditions and events that draw on the healing benefit of adventure and challenge in the outdoors.
Veteran Adventures provides veterans with everything they need (free of charge) to participate in wilderness expeditions and events. Veteran Adventures provides participants with gear, food, shelter, transportation, and (when needed) professional instruction and leadership to successfully participate in expeditions and events.
Veteran Adventures aims to accomplish the following:
- Present challenging and adventurous opportunities to strengthen bonds.
- Provide alternatives for mental health assistance without the stigma of traditional mental health avenues.
- Provide community building.
- Foster a healthier veteran population.
- Show support and gratitude for the sacrifice our service members have made.
Who can participate in Veteran Adventures?
Veteran Adventures is open to all veterans, military personnel, and members of the National Guard, the Reserves and the Registered Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
How do I register?
Registration links for Veteran Adventure expeditions and events can be found on our Touch of Nature and Veteran Adventures webpages, and our Touch of Nature and Veteran Adventures Facebook pages. Also, interested participants can call Touch of Nature at 618-453-1121, M-F 8-4:30 p.m.