Employment at Touch of Nature
Touch of Nature Outdoor Education Center actively nurtures engagement and involvement, and promotes diversity and inclusiveness. If this sounds like you, join our team. We have opportunities for student employment listed here, and you can visit SIU Carbondale Jobs to see our full-time opportunities.
Touch of Nature is now hiring for the following positions:
Inclusive Recreation and Camp Specialist: This position administers all functions of the Inclusive Recreation Program to include budgeting, staff supervision, staff and client recruitment, activity development and evaluation, staff training, program development, funding development, community relations, coordination with support services, and partnerships with university departments and programs. The deadline to apply is May, 19. Find out more information here.
Program Assistant for Hospitality Services: The Program Assistant provides support to the Program Coordinator of Hospitality Services, clients, and Touch of Nature staff and works as part of a team to ensure the optimal client experience while maintaining high standards. The deadline to apply is May, 19. Find out more information here.
Student Employment Opportunities
Are you interested in joining the Touch of Nature team? Whether you are looking for an on-campus job or a graduate assistantship, Touch of Nature has a wide variety of experiences that are bound to meet your needs and help you achieve your goals. This is a place to learn and develop professional skills, meet new people, build your resume, and grow as a student within a positive, friendly, and supportive environment.
To apply, please submit the following materials via postal mail or email to email@example.com.
- Student Employment Application
- Detailed student schedule from Salukinet
- 3 professional references
- List of any relevant current certifications (CPR/AED, First Aid, etc).
You'll experience working with a diverse range of faculty, staff and students who contribute to the climate of inclusivity. If you have experience with diverse communities, we encourage you to emphasize that in your cover letter.
Missed Punch Form
For Touch of Nature staff only.
- You'll experience working with a diverse range of faculty, staff and students who contribute to the climate of inclusivity. If you have experience with diverse communities, we encourage you to emphasize that in your cover letter.
- SIU Carbondale, member of the SIU System, is an anti-racist community that opposes racism, discrimination and inequity in any form, and embraces diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice for all people.