Employment at Touch of Nature
Student Employment at Touch of Nature
Are you interested in joining the Touch of Nature team? Whether you are looking for an on-campus job or a graduate assistantship, Touch of Nature has a wide variety of experiences that are bound to meet your needs and help you achieve your goals. This is a place to learn and develop professional skills, meet new people, build your resume, and grow as a student within a positive, friendly, and supportive environment.
How to apply for student employment:
1. On the fillable form below, please select the most appropriate box at the top of the form.
Please note. Student positions are not available for "BG".
Recreation Therapy = TR
Underway Adventures = UA
Environmental Education = EE
Hospitality Services = HS
Applying for Camp Little Giant must also include the health examination form below.
2. Submit completed Employment Application with the following documents:
- A hard copy of your Detailed Student Schedule from Salukinet
- Your resume
- At least 3 professional references –complete contact information including name, phone number, and an email address
- A list of any relevant CURRENT Certifications (i.e. CPR/AED, First Aid, Lifeguard, Personal Training/Group Fitness etc.
3. Please submit all applications and materials by email to email@example.com or send to:
Touch of Nature Environmental Center
SIU Mail Code 6888
Southern Illinois University
1206 Touch of Nature Road
Carbondale, IL 62901
Now Hiring a Summer Adventure Program Leader
SIU’s Touch of Nature is looking to hire Adventure Program Leaders (APL’s) for Summer 2020. This position will spend the summer facilitating our outdoor education programs including our environmental, adventure, summer camp, and day programs for the season. This position includes staff housing on site, meals when programs are offered, and a monthly stipend. Additionally, all trainings will be free of charge including Leave No Trace, Challenge Course, Rock Climbing, Facilitation, and Environmental Education. Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more information about the position here.