Touch of Nature Summer Camp 2020 Updates
Due to the ongoing concern with the coronavirus pandemic, Touch of Nature is canceling all summer camp programs through July 31. This was not an easy decision to make, but the health and wellbeing of our campers and our community is of paramount concern.
Summer Camps affected by this cancelation include all sessions for Touch of Nature Camp Little Giant, EdVenture Camp, and Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois sessions.
Online registrations for EdVenture Camps will be fully refunded. Those registered for Camp Little Giant will be contacted by the Recreation Therapy staff for any necessary refunds. Visit Girl Scout website for information regarding their camps. For questions and information, email email@example.com.
NEWS AT TOUCH
Covid-19 (Coronavirus Updates)
We want to keep everyone updated on all things Touch of Nature as we work through this challenging time. As a division of SIU Student Affairs, we are working in conjunction with the Main Campus to make sure we are doing what we can to keep people safe while continuing to serve students and the community as effectively as possible.
We are canceling all activities and programs with groups larger than 25 people through May 10. During this time, we will continue to work under the guidance of Southern Illinois University to evaluate and provide updates when possible. We will work with our guests and partners to reschedule or refund their deposits and payments up to May 10 and beyond if necessary.
As a facility, we are already:
• Cleaning and disinfecting facilities daily using products recommended by Environmental Health and Safety and the EPA.
• Working to increase routine cleaning of areas used by guests and staff including common areas, restrooms and cabins.
• Increase the frequency of cleaning commonly touched surfaces such as doorknobs, sinks and water fountains.
• Making sure that hand sanitizer is available.
• Instructing staff to practice good hand washing and encouraging the same with all customers.
We encourage everyone to practice screening procedures with participants prior to the start of a program at Touch of Nature to prevent the spread of this and other illnesses.
If your group has questions or further concerns, please contact us.